21 October 2011

Addiction

Hello.  My name is Heather and I'm addicted to yarn.  (applause - HI HEATHER!)


While heading out east this past weekend, I first spent the afternoon and evening in Hoboken with my cousins, including some time in Trish's yarn shop.  I knew when I went there, I was going to pick up a couple of things.  Yeah.  Well - I ended up picking up a whole lot and I totally blame Trish for just standing by and not stopping me.  lol!  I mean, she just stood there while I grabbed more and more yarn.  Seriously - it just jumped out at me.  I had no choice but to take it back home to Ohio. Yeah.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I like to knit.  No.  I love to knit, so buying yarn is a hard thing for me to avoid.  Like all knitters though, I have far more yarn than I'll ever be able to knit up.  From time to time, I trade yarn with my friends, but while I have more than I can ever use, I really do knit a lot.  I do actually complete projects as well.  I'm in a dinky apartment, but still have a bunch of plastic bins in a storage unit - many of which are filled with yarn.  Yes - I'm hopeless.  Thankfully, I have plenty of friends in the same boat!

Speaking of friends, my cousin, Trish, opened her yarn shop, Patricia's Yarns, seven years ago.  Prior to her opening the shop, I only knew how to knit socks and crochet afghans.  Since she opened, I've learned how to do so much more.  While I don't get out to Hoboken very often, I can say she's introduced me to a lot more kinds of yarn.  I've now officially become a yarn snob and love knitting with the good stuff - such as silk, alpaca, merino wool, seacell, linen, etc.  I can't bring myself to buy the acrylic stuff except on rare occasions. 

Anyway...here are a few things I've made.  I've grown a lot as a knitter since my days of only socks and afghans.  I love the creative process and definitely love learning new things.  Recently I've learned how to knit entrelac (a basket weave sort of design) and a moebius scarf.  Love taking classes at my local yarn shop!  These are just a few things I've made in the last couple of years.
Alpaca, fingerless mitts.
Dr. Who socks
Moebius scarf
Wysteria Lace Shawl
Are you on ravelry?  What's your Rav ID? I'm there as DizzySpinster. Feel free to add yours below so we can see you there.  Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it friendly, clean and classy. Moderator reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.