10 October 2011

So I took some pictures while in the shower today...

...of my cat, Moghi.

Moghi is an interesting creature. She's a young cat (which means trouble right there) that I adopted when my sister-in-law found six (yes, 6) dumped kittens last summer that had been dumped in a park. She brought them all home and naturally, my two young nephews, wanted to keep them all. Not being practical with one cat in the house already, they could only keep one of the 6. My nephews then talked their Aunt Heather into taking one. (Did I mention that I'm slightly allergic to cats? Yeah. I am, but I took her home anyway! Sigh.) We were able to find good homes for all the rest. Moghi was the only girl of the litter - and the cutest, if you ask me! Her ears were huge as a kitten though she's now - mostly - grown into them.


Anyway, for a feline, she's a bit odd. She loves being near the water which is why it's really difficult to take a shower without her. She doesn't even jump when the water splashes the shower liner. The weird part is that she usually ends up licking her side of the liner which, I'm sure, can't be good for her. Another oddity she has is a really good vertical jump. I'm 5'3" and she can jump at least as high as I am tall. OK fine. Not THAT big of an accomplishment, but she usually likes to do this early in the morning, say around 5-6am - against the shared wall with my neighbor - the one with whom I rarely talk. I wonder why.

Maybe that's not really odd: practicing her vertical. Maybe it's just Moghi living up to her namesake: Moghedien, one of the Forsaken (i.e. 12 or so main evil characters) in Robert Jordan's 14-book Wheel of Time fantasy series. Great books! You should read them, but the character of Moghedien is rather evil. When living in my old house, Moghi would jump on the counter, then to the top of the fridge and then on top of the cabinets for a better view of the kitchen and family room. The picture above is from her first meeting with a dog. I think she actually DID frighten that pit bull!

Don't get me wrong. She's an adorable and lovable cat and has the ability to be a total sweetheart. Granted - she's not always a sweetheart, but the ability is there. She's also great about using the scratching post so I can't complain about that. So yes, though a bit strange, this is my cat, Moghi. Isn't she cute?


Now back to those allergies - um...anyone want a cat?


Just kidding!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it friendly, clean and classy. Moderator reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.