07 October 2011

Oh the anticipation!

Oh the anticipation of it all! What to post in my first blog entry of Au Lait in a Sidecar?

Still working out the details and setting up the blog itself, so this posting most definitely does not count.

But, to give you a preview, I do plan to write about random observations - which really can be anything at all, hence the word "random." (See? I'm smart!) Possibilities include:

* Politics - I lean left (Obviously! I use a coffeehouse in an historic building as my 3rd space!) I listen to NPR, served in the Peace Corps, believe in a single payer system of healthcare - you know, like Medicare, only for everybody! Yeah. My leftiness will definitely make itself known!

* Current events- since I like knowing what's going on in the world.

* Knitting ups and downs (may even keep you in stitches)

* Far away places - oh yeah, will definitely write about far away places as I LOVE to travel, (Of course, I could also talk about budgetary woes that prevent me from traveling as much as I'd like...sigh.)

* My progress with Arabic. السلام عليكم

* My cat, Moghi (fair warning: she's a tad evil)

* Fun days in class - my students are awesome!

* People I admire (e.g. W.A. Mozart, Richard Engel or my friend, Cath)

* Who the heck knows what else? Maybe some days I'll even choose to write in something other than English, though it won't be in Arabic for quite a while!

I do know that I plan to write at least something every day, some entries will be short and others probably longer than you'll care to read, but hopefully you will anyway.

Maybe I'll even get around to telling you of the story behind my blog's name! Never know! Could be fun!

Regardless of what's in my mind at any given moment, I do hope you'll stop by from time to time to say hello or even follow me. Heck, maybe I'll even see you at Stauf's!

Всичко хубаво, friends!

(All the best)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should write about David Hasselhoff! Think he'll follow me on Twitter? @rpcvbg. Oh I hope so!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it friendly, clean and classy. Moderator reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.